C. Ryan Pinckney
Ryan Pinckney is an intellectual property attorney and counsel at Antonelli, Harrington & Thompson. Before joining the firm, Mr. Pinckney was a senior associate at Baker Botts in the intellectual property group with a focus on patent litigation.
Mr. Pinckney has litigated a number of complex patent cases from complaint to trial involving a number of fields, including computer graphics, refrigerators, home appliances, and HVAC equipment and controls in the District of Delaware and before the International Trade Commission. Mr. Pinckney also has patent litigation experience in cases before the District of New Jersey, the District of Massachusetts, and the Eastern District of Texas.
Ryan graduated from Harvard Law School in 2006. Prior to law school, Ryan graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of science in Computer Engineering from Clemson University, where he also participated in the co-op program, working every other semester at Siemens Information and Communication Networks.
- Author, "Reviewability of decisions to institute an inter partes review," Baker Botts Post-Grant Report, December 2014.
- Co-Author, "Putting Context into Commercial Success: The Role of the Economic Expert," with Seth T. Kaplan, PhD and Andrew Szamosszegi, State Bar of Texas Advanced Patent Litigation Course, July 17-18, 2014.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2006
- B.S., Computer Engineering, Clemson University, 2002, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas